Happy new year!!! It’s still January so we can still send wishes for luck, prosperity and healthy for 2017! I really hope you had a great new year start!
• It’s our 3rd anniversary!! Oh yes, 3 years ago we had our first meetup . I still have this spark to keep this community vivid , share and learn from the other members.
• We will have our first Vassilopita. Still working on the gift 🙂
• Thomas Pliakas one of the JHUG organizers will join us this time with a great talk : JUnit 5 – Next Generation of Unit Testing on the JVM ( JUnit is one of the most popular testing frameworks/tools in java. Version 5 is a fundamental re-architecture and re-write of JUnit. In this talk, we summarize the new feature of the current release, we provide information how to include JUnit 5 in our existing tool-chains and how to run version 4 and 5 in the same testing run. Finally we will provide an introduction to JUnit’s extension points, which implement the design that tools use to drive/interact with JUnit. )
• Second talk ( Breaking java.util.HashMap ) will be presented by Giorgos Gaganis
HashMap is documented as not thread-safe. I had to write a program that proves that.I will talk in detail about what this means and how I thinked , approached the problem and what I needed to know/use. In the end I will show the breaking program (hopefully also during the talk!).
• We have a new initiative inspired by Giorgos Gaganis who will shortly present it
• As usual 4 Jetbrains licenses ( we haven’t given away for 2 months any )
• And we may organize a few more surprises !
See you all there!